Gold American Eagles are the ideal mixture of American history and nostalgia with modern Gold bullion investment value, making them valuable to both collectors and investors as well.
The U.S. Mint does not sell its bullion coins directly to the public. Instead, they distribute their coins to only a handful of authorized purchasers who then sell the coins to the public.
- Contains 1/4 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 40 are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed 1907 Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty walking confidently against the sun’s rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Minted at West Point, N.Y.